Expression of Interest
Terms of Reference
Short Term Consultancy Assignment
Technical Peer Review of “Improving Quality of Education Programme”
Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy (PCP) is an independent non-profit support organization with a mission to promote the volume and effectiveness of philanthropy for social development in Pakistan. PCP, under a partnership agreement with the Foundation Open Society Institute (FOSI), worked on the “’Improving Quality of Education Programme (IQEP)’ to undertake quality education measures within a cluster of a total of 30 government, community-based and low-cost private schools across Hyderabad. An action-research was also accompanied within the program to study the impact of quality initiatives within different models of schooling.
Sindh Education Foundation (SEF) was the key implementation partner and its scope of work included timely achievement of program targets such as; Provision of learning materials, training and capacity building, research &monitoring and advocacy. PCP’s role in this project was to ensure effective implementation through coordination and validation of the project activities and reporting to FOSI.
Upon successful completion of project activates, a technical peer review session is being set up to pull-out the programme impact and measure its success factor towards providing a future base for using this programme model for basic education improvement across marginalized and under-served areas in various geographies of Pakistan.
For this purpose, PCP requires the consultancy services of a ‘Basic Education Reform & Development Expert’. The consultant will be provided with the programme documents. The documents will include core project documents including SEF and Third Party Evaluation reports.
The consultant will work in the following manner:
• Read through the provided project documents and reports and pull-out a single pager executive finding containing the ultimate success factors of the project. Built the bullets in a power point presentation to be shared with peers for review
• In a 3-hour session present the findings to the IQEP peers, facilitate the session and engage the peers in discussion to acquire endorsements towards finalizing the ultimate success factors of the project
• Present the finalized factors to the peers after endorsements
Deliverables of the consultant include:
• Production of one pager summary (A4 size page) on 'Programme Ultimate Success Factors which can be used for Future Programme Model for mass-scale usage, replication and dissemination; and
• A power point presentation with maximum 5-10 slides bulleting the programme success endorsed in the one pager summary.
Duration & Compensation:
Days allocated for the assignment: 08
Per day fee rate: Pak Rupees 25,000/-
Please keep visiting this page for future opportunities. You can also send us your cv at firstname.lastname@example.org